Wednesday 4 December 2013

ONE SHOT (SHE WANTS MUSIC VIDEO TRIBUTE)


  • What things went well during this project?
I think that during the project, many things went well, and a few things also didn't go so well at first. The main things that I personally believe went well are the planning, the practice run-throughs, most of the filming, and the co-operation and teamwork or everyone involved in the project.
  • What things didn't work so well?
A few little things didn't go as well as planned at first, although we got past them and made them work well in the end. The things that I think didn't go so well at first include, the part of the video where a lot of us had to run down the stairs and to our next position for the end of the video. This didn't go well at first as there was a lot of us and we had to move very quickly, so we kept bumping into each other and laughing, which then made the shot not work so well.
  • Do you feel you worked well as a team?
I feel that the whole group of people involved in the video, including the production team, worked very well as a team, because there was around 50 of us working on a project that has only ever been worked on with around 25 people in the past, yet we still managed to get it all done in the time that we aimed for, and got an outcome that we were all more than happy with. I also think we worked well as a team because we had no arguments or major problems, we worked together to fix any minor issues that we had as individuals, small groups or as a whole production team. From my point of view, I see that we all had a great time planning, filming and editing this video, and enjoyed it a lot, with an amazing outcome to be proud of at the end, along with some great memories.
  • What was your role in the project? Do you think it was effective?
My role in this project was to bring in some of the props/costumes used, and to play two parts in the actual video. I think that this role was effective because if we didn't have all of the props, costumes and characters, then the video wouldn't be the same as it is. It probably would have still been good, but not the same, so I think it was effective, but not massively.
  • What could you – specifically - do better next time?
If we did this project again, I personally would like to come up with a better, more creative idea for my part in the video, and maybe use more interesting costumes and props.
  • This is one of your first major experiences of being in (or bossed around by) a production team - do you feel it was successful overall? Why?
Yes, I feel this was an overall success because we all managed to work well as a team, and be professional but also having fun while planning and filming together. We all managed to achieve a great video at the end of the process, and we were all happy about the project as a whole. 
  • Has this assignment helped you to develop any specific skills? i.e. Do you now feel more confident with editing?
This project helped me to learn how to work better as part of a team. It made me feel more comfortable being on camera as I wasn't on my own, I was with other people so there wasn't much focus on me. I also learnt how to use Adobe Premiere for the first time and was taught how to do basic things like speed/duration changes, cutting and soundtrack.
  • If you were to do this project again – what would you change?
If we were to do this project again, I would change my 'character'/part in the video, my costume and maybe change some of/add more props.

No comments:

Post a Comment