Tuesday 25 March 2014

Final Documentary Research

Before filming my final documentary, I needed to do some research.
The research I chose to do was mixed, but was mostly research into the subject that I was filming, so I had a full understanding of what I was actually filming.



 The subject I was filming my documentary on is Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. So firstly, I looked into 'what is Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome?'



I found a page on an NHS website that I knew would be trustworthy and so I read the article, noted down all the facts, the statistics, and a few other key points that I thought  would be important to include.

 
I also then found a blog, written by someone who suffers from Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, about living with Ehlers-Danlos Sydrome. I thought this would be a useful thing to read, so then I can find out what the main struggles are, and then concentrate on capturing, and discussing those issues during filming.






YouTube is full of all kinds of videos, so I decided to search for videos about Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, and found a few useful ones. I found a few that were scientific, explaining the physical side of the Syndrome, and I also found some of people just talking about it from a more personal point of view, telling and showing us what their life is like because of the Syndrome.






Finally, I created a survey including 5 different questions about EDS. I did this so that I could find out more about how many people actually know about EDS, whether they are affected by it, and to what extent people understand it. Another reason for doing this is so that I could get an understanding of which kind of people want to know more about it, so then I could figure out exactly what to film, and how to film it, so that it appeals to people in that group.



No comments:

Post a Comment